Are you a classically trained pianist between 18 and 30 years old
and ready to embark on an international career?
Then apply now
to the 2020 piano competition and do not miss the opportunity to compete with the best pianists of your generation!
Deadline and entry conditions
The application procedure is to be done online
on our website. You have until Wednesday, December 4th, 2019 12:00 noon GMT
to fill out your application form, to upload your videos, to add your administrative documents, and finally to pay the application fee. In the rules (pdf-file)
, you will find the entry conditions and all the information needed about your participation in the 2020 piano competition.Attention !
- In order to avoid application problems, we insist that you start uploading your videos well on time before the application deadline.
- If you have problems with your application form, please contact us at least 48h before the deadline. The office of the Competition is open from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm : call +32 2 213 40 50 or e-mail
How to apply ?
Before you can begin the process of applying, you must first create an account
on this website.
Once your account has been created, you will be able to log in by entering your login and your password in the appropriate fields of the right-hand column. Once you are connected, click on "my applications" in the menu on the right to start your online application.When recording your videos for the preselection round, make sure to take into account the following technical demands :
- Each piece or movement, in the case of works that contain several movements, must be recorded in a single take.
- One file per piece or per movement will have to uploaded.
- There must be only one camera and its angle has to be fixed.
- No editing will be allowed.
- The candidate has to be visible from head to toe at all times, including his/her hands.
- It is strongly recommended that the sound should be recorded professionally.
- The videos may be recorded in different places and on different occasions.
- Youtube links are not accepted.
You can find more detailed information in Articles 22-27 of the rules
. In order to avoid application problems, we insist that you start uploading these videos well on time before the application deadline of Wednesday 4 December 2019 at 12:00 (noon) GMT.
Dates, locations and orchestras
The selected pianists will compete in Brussels (Belgium) from May 4th to May 30th, 2020
in the presence of an internationally renowned jury, whose names will be announced later on. The first round
(04>09/05) and semi-final
(11>16/05) with the Orchestre Royal de Chambre de Wallonie will take place in Flagey
. During the final round
(25>30/05), the candidates will perform at the Centre for Fine Arts
with the Brussels Philharmonic under the baton of Stéphane Denève.
Prizes and broadcasts
A total of EUR 128,500
and a number of concerts in Belgium and abroad will be shared between the laureates and the semi-finalists. All performances are podcasted and streamed live on the internet
. Thanks to the unprecedented media attention in Belgium and abroad each candidate will have its own place in the spotlight.
More questions ? Ask them by e-mail !Or create an account now to start the application procedure.
We hope to welcome you in Brussels in May !